One more Republic Day! Sigh! Why do I get this kind of emotion on our National Days? The Republic Day along with Independence Day are to be celebrated with a kind of jubilation! But why do I feel total negative on these very days? These days are supposed to be the days where India is asserting that it is a power to look out. But when India is making this statement to the world, why are Indians like me feeling total NEGATIVE about these? Because the answer is right on our face. We are still a immature DEMOCRACY.
I call our democracy as immature because
1. We elect leaders who are fit to be in jails, but we gave them the seat of power to rule us.
2. We do not care to follow the Laws and Rules which we lay down for ourselves.
3. We do not respond to injustice and do not go to the help of the needy, we turn left when the action is taking place on our right.
4. We allow illegal activities being done right on our nose and merely observe when some unruly elements lynch a Government Officer stopping them.
5. We give our sympathies to those political parties which are hell bent on creating their own personal wealth and do not give a damn what if they are looting our own house without our knowledge.
6. We call ourselves Democratic whereas at hearts we allow monarchs to rule us.
7. We still turn blind eye to the imbalances of religion and caste. We mask ourselves comforting saying, ALL IZZ WELL.
8. And finally, we single out these two days to call ourselves, PATRIOTIC.
But still, my heart looks out for hope to stay POSITIVE and say that I am an INDIAN. PROUD TO BE ONE.